Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

The Gift that Keeps on Giving

I know I already wrote a blog entry today, but something funny has come up and I just had to write about it.

My mother was always notorious for buying silly stocking stuffers at Christmas time. We always got a good laugh at what "Santa" would put in our stockings. Greg, loving the Holidays as he does (NOT), didn't quite catch on to this humor at first and I think just thought that my Mother was crazy! As the years went by, he grew to appreciate the experience much more. One year Greg got a watch in his stocking. It was a Homer Simpson watch that had a button on the side that once pushed would say in Homer Simpson's voice, "MMMM BURGER"!! This watch was funny on so many different levels. First, it's huge. Second, at the time, Greg and I were on health kicks and rarely ate burgers. And third, Greg wears a Rolex watch!

Since my Mother's death, we have loved to look back at these silly gifts (which we kept thank God) and think of her and get a good laugh. So, this morning before work, Greg was going through a drawer and saw the Homer Simpson watch. We both laughed as Greg pushed the button and we heard, "MMMM BURGER"! Greg said it made him feel good to know that my Mother picked the watch out for him. Guess what? He decided against the Rolex today and wore the Homer Simpson watch to work!!! He looked so awesome in his dress pants, black short sleeved dress shirt and his over sized Homer Simpson watch! He has been messing around with his customers all day today having a blast! He called with with one story that almost made me, well let's say I ran to the bathroom when we hung up!!
Thanks again for the laughs Mom!!

No comments: