Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Sydney's Dragonfly

Sydney is becoming more and more stronger. How do I know this? I can SEE her moving around in my tummy every morning and every night!! To be quite honest, sometimes it really freaks me out!! To see her arm or leg move from one side of my belly to the other - well, it's like I have an alien in there!!! Everything I have read says that this visual experience doesn't take place until well into the third trimester. I have to say I am a little freaked out (OK, a lot freaked out) about this! If I am already experiencing this much movement, what the heck is it going to be like for us at 8-9 months?

I have had much time to think about how I want to decorate Sydney's room when we move into our new house. I have developed a really cute concept. Let me give you a little history first:

Several years ago, Greg, Jordan & I went on a soccer tour through England for 20 days or so. We had an amazing experience. It was during that trip that I found the neatest little dragonfly pendant for my mother which she loved. I currently have possession of the pendant. Moving forward several years, my mother left Greg and I some money in which we used to help purchase our current home. Shortly after we moved in, I placed a large framed picture of my mother as a little girl, right at our front entrance. We have always felt my mother's presence in our home. On our first Mother's Day here in our home, the first Mother's Day without my Mother, we sat quietly by our pool, thinking about my Mom. Suddenly, a big beautiful dragonfly began swooping around us. Now this dragonfly was VERY persistent! It was almost as if she was demanding our attention. She was very playful and would stop in mid air right in front of our faces and just stare at us. This dragonfly stayed with us for a very long time. At one point it even almost landed on Greg's head. This silly dragonfly was able to change our somber moods into joy and laughter. There was no question in our minds that this dragonfly was my Mother's spirit. She came to us to lighten our moods and help us get through a tough day. This all happened 4 years ago. This same dragonfly still comes to see us every spring and summer!!!

So, it only seems fit that Sydney Cathleen's room have a dragonfly theme. My mother's spirit will be with her everyday bringing joy and laughter to our daughter. This brings me much joy!

No comments: