Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 1, 2007

Our First Emergency

Our little one is already testing us!!

Friday night we all ended up at the hospital. Shortly after we went to bed, I started bleeding, a lot. Once at the hospital, they immediately took us up to the maternity ward and started hooking me up to a monitor. I knew our daughter was fine because the whole time all of this was going on, she was still kicking as usual. The bleeding stopped while at the hospital. After running the ultrasound we learned that I have a low lying placenta. We think that our daughter must of kicked the placenta and broke some blood vessels. So, I am back home but on bed rest for most of the week. I go back into the doctor at the end of the week.

A frightening experience but I am very proud of how Greg and I handled it. There was one moment when Greg was parking the car that I shed some tears. But Greg helped me pull it together as soon as he came back. We both were very strong and positive.

So, bed rest for a week. Today is day two and I am already bored. I am a "project" person. I need to be moving and running errands and getting things done. This all is a very humbling experience and I am getting a much needed lesson on letting go and in letting other people help me. Difficult to do when you have a "in control" personality! For now, our daughter is the only "project" I am focusing on. I will keep you all posted, prayers are much appreciated.

No comments: