Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Setting the Record Straight

I want to set the record straight on a few things. A friend of mine made a comment to another friend of mine in regards to "Do you think Sarah is being a little too cautious" because I am not out and about taking trips or working much.

Well, because I am having a bad day and because I am sick and tired of hearing people make comments like, "I wish I didn't have to work"or "take advantage of it while you can"or "wish I didn't have to clean", etc., I am writing this post on my blog today just to set the record straight.

I am not choosing to sit home and do nothing. I am not choosing to not work. I was put on bed rest and am now on "light" activity by my doctor because I started bleeding. Not just spotting but instead free for all full on bleeding. Now, anyone who has ever been pregnant or has lost a child knows how devastating and terrifying this experience is. And, until my placenta rises, which will lower the risk of my placenta detaching or bleeding, I could at anytime, for any reason, start bleeding again - which could possibly lead to me losing our baby and/or a blood transfusion for me. So, we cannot travel because I need to be close to a hospital and I cannot work more because it requires me to stand on my feet and walk around a lot.

Bed rest is NOT a vacation, nor is "light" activity. I would much rather be helping my husband get our home ready to sell or be decorating my little girls room, but I can't because nothing is more important than my child. So, I am not on vacation and I am not enjoying all of my downtime in any way. For all of you who have been so supportive, thank you for your understanding and thank you for listening to me vent today!

No comments: