Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Class Update

The Sneak Peek class last night was very informative. I am so glad I went. I had to go by myself because Greg had to work. There were over 20 couples there and I was the ONLY single person there!! I was very intimidated by this at first, wondering what people might be thinking of me, but I got over that quickly! The 3 hour class covered topics like feeding, washing, belly button care, changing diapers, swaddling, baby milestones, safety, etc. The instructor was a nurse who actually works in the labor and delivery where I will be going. Overall, it was very informative for a newbie mom like me.

We have another heat warning out today, lovely! It's definitely having an impact on myself and my friend Jamie. We have our breastfeeding class tonight. Hopefully it will be as helpful as the other classes I have attended. I really want this breastfeeding thing to work out for both of us.

I had another belly growth spurt overnight!!! A customer told me today that I have a "watermelon belly"!!! If so, I prefer it to be one of those small seedless watermelons instead of the heavy oval watermelons!! Ironically, I brought watermelon to work with me today as my snack!! Have a good day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your blogs and it is so nice to hear you say the same things us Minnesota girls were saying. Take Care and Love ya Lots.
Tavia

LauraC said...

Not sure if they told you in class, but most babies cry when you give them a bath and change their diapers. I mean lots and lots of crying. They didn't cover that in my newborn class so imagine my surprise when both boys cried hysterically throughout every bath and every diaper change for a couple of months.

I'm trying to tell you all the baby secrets I know!