Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 11, 2007

More Humble Pie!

Thank gosh for the Internet!! I don't know what all of you mom's out there did before the Internet existed. Let's face it, some symptoms that we develop when we are pregnant are very personal, things you really don't want to have to discuss with your family and friends unless absolutely necessary. I am so grateful for the world of knowledge I have available to me at anytime and the best part is that it's anonymous! Of course, it's important to bring these concerns up at the doctors office but you only see the doctor once a month up until 30 weeks. Many of these private issues come up on a daily basis!!

I am feeling fine considering where I am at in my pregnancy. I am experiencing many of the "normal" symptoms for this stage of pregnancy...total body discomfort!! As you can see by my week 31 pregnancy picture, I am carrying much of my weight in front of me... more specifically in my stomach and boobs!! From the back, unless you knew me BP (before pregnancy) you wouldn't even be able to tell I was preggo. I was at Old Navy yesterday and some ladies about had a heart attack when I turned around and faced them in line. They gasped out, "Oh my gosh, your pregnant!" Really, I hadn't noticed!! Actually, I am not pregnant, I've just had a few too many In and Out burgers!! I guess it was a compliment but feeling as big as I do right now the last thing I need is people gasping at the sight of my bodacious belly:)

I will say it again, this whole pregnancy experience has been a very humbling experience for me in so many ways!!!

3 comments:

LauraC said...

I think that is why all your mommy friends didn't tell you about the constipation... there are too many things that happen to you during pregnancy to remember them all.

9 weeks to go... you're so close!

Nikki S said...

I'm not sure what you are complaining about because you look terrific. I perfectly understand the terrible body feelings that you are going through but most women would give anything to have a healthy baby and look like you do. Just hang in the and remember that your husband will love you no matter what you look like or feel like. I agree with laurac in that you are so close with only 9 weeks to go.

Sarah said...

I am not complaining...just writing about my daily events, thoughts and interactions with people. I am over the whole weight thing and realize it's all part of the process. I live in a very "physical environment" here in Scottsdale Arizona which means people here are very quick to judge and make first impressions of others. Sometimes I let it get to me, just as we all do, and I need to rant and rave about it:) I of course, am just excited to have a healthy baby also:) And you are so right, my wonderful husband tells me how beautiful I look frequently which helps tremendously!! He loves my new "Badonka butt" since I really didn't have a butt to begin with:)