Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Priceless

A funny thing happened the other night and I can't believe I forgot to share it! As we were getting Sydney's bath ready, Greg decided to take her diaper off early and was holding her naked little bum while I was running the bath (I am sure you can see where this is going...). All of a sudden Greg started panicking so I looked over at him...Sydney was peeing all over him. I really didn't think she could pee that much!! It was all over him and the floor. We were both laughing so hard. All he could do was just hold her until she was done peeing. We then put her in the sink baby tub. I wish I had a picture of what his face looked like as she was peeing on him...priceless!!!

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that we decided to get out and about. We took Sydney to Oktoberfest...no, we didn't drink any German beer (although it did look delish.). We did however, eat some authentic German food and had the opportunity to listen to some good old fashioned polka music! We didn't stay long because Sydney started to fuss...guess she's not a fan!

To top off all of my German food, I went by myself to North Mountain to hike/exercise. A year and a half ago I was running this hill. Last night, I was not running the hill, however, I was able to walk it at a good pace. I have been walking/running this hill since I moved here in 1997. I have put in a lot of time thinking and clearing my head as I went up this hill. I guess you could say this hill has helped me process a lot in my head. I remember walking up this hill and dreaming about my wedding. I remember walking up this hill the day after I found out my mom had cancer. I remember walking up this hill after she died. I also remember walking up this hill after each of my miscarriages. Many tears have been cried at the top of this hill. Last nights hike was special because this time tears of joy were expressed. As I got to the top of the mountain I thought of my Sydney and my family. I felt very blessed (and sore from the climb)!!

No comments: