Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 1, 2007

Updates

(Monday) I am going to attempt to start an entry and see if I can actually finish it in one setting...

Sydney is in her swing right now. I am attempting to get her to take a nap. She was very kind to her Mommy this morning and we were able to take a nap together. It was much needed since she has been keeping us awake much of the nights the last few days. I am not sure what is going on with her, I think it's gas or stomach disturbances but it's hard to tell. She is ALWAYS really gassy during late night feedings and first thing in the mornings. The gas drops are not really an option because they constipate her which only adds to the problem...

interruption number one...she is already crying...post to be continued...

(Monday night) Okay, I am back. I just put Sydney down to bed for the night. I am attempting to put her to bed earlier tonight and gave her some Gripe Water to relax her tummy. We will see if that works!

(Wednesday)! Wow, Wed. already! We are going to go purchase a baby monitor today. I want to try a new routine with Sydney and try to get her to take her naps in her bed during the day. Currently, the only way she will take a long nap is if we hold her on our chests. Although extremely cute, this gets difficult because I can't do anything...like go to the bathroom!! Her bedroom is upstairs so I really need a monitor if I am going to have her sleep up there by herself. I have to admit, this decision is difficult because when she is asleep on my chest I feel so connected to her. Watching her sleep brings on such powerful emotions to me. All of the emotional turmoil we went through to have our lil' Sydney was all worth it.

She was sooo cute during her 4am feeding this morning. She was in a playful mood and kept looking up at me during her feeding and smiling really big, gums and all!! Of course I just had to interrupt her feeding and play with her...who could resist that cute face!

She is doing much better with tummy time and is getting much stronger. Her legs are VERY strong! She now understands what "SO BIG" means and if you say it to her during play time, she will lift her arms and smile. Greg and I wait eagerly for her first giggle. At this point she does this cute little giggle when she first falls asleep but she has yet to do it when she is awake!

She went to her first soccer game on Sat. Daddy was already waiting for us at the game when Sydney and I arrived. Of course, proud daddy had already announced to everyone that his daughter was coming to the game so the parents where quite eager to meet her. Daddy held her the whole second half and then it got too warm so we had to leave. She cried (screamed) all the way home!

Alright, well she is waking up again and crying. I will just post this already!

No comments: