Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Season of Change

It's finally cooled off here and the weather has been amazing...Arizona fall has arrived! When I think of fall, I think of change. And when I think of change, I think of how much my life has changed this last year...the last couple months in particular. This morning, as Sydney is sleeping in her swing, I got to thinking of all the things that have/or are currently changing, for me.

1. I have always been a worrier, that will not change; however, I have noticed a change in the things that I tend to worry about. I am not as concerned about "me" anymore. Several times now I have gone without a shower, have stayed in my PJ's all day, have gone to the store in a hat and sweats, etc. Along with all of this, I have not kept up with the current trends in clothing and I have totally let my hair go. All of these things just don't matter enough to me right now to waste energy worrying about them. Instead, I now worry about things like...is Sydney getting enough to eat, am I eating the right things for her nutrition, am I being a good Mommy, and am I doing anything wrong, etc. I worry about how many hours of sleep I am going to get tonight and what are the important tasks that need to be done today while she sleeps. I worry about my husband and all of the additional responsibilities he has had to take on while I stay home and care for Sydney. The list goes on and on but the theme is...I have become a much less selfish person. I seem to be worrying more about the people I love. I think that is a good thing in this situation.

2. Something else that has changed in my life...well, in the past, I always needed an event to look forward to just so I could get through all of the uneventful, boring, work days. Whether it be a trip to Mexico, a trip to Minnesota or a concert, I would put all of my focus on the event just so I had something to look forward to. Now, the things I look forward to all revolve around Sydney...her first smile, her first giggle, walks in the park, weekends when Greg has off work and we can do things has a family, our first trip to Minnesota when I can introduce our daughter to all of our family and friends. So many things to look forward to with our daughter. It's almost like life has just begun!

So, bring on the fall...change is good!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I know what you mean about looking forward to the little things! Who knew that going to the state fair was going to be the highlight of my month?!