Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, October 8, 2007

A Special Moment

For those of you who have been following my blog from the beginning, you might recall a post I wrote about my mother. One day at work, I got the journal out that I keep for Sydney and I was just about to write to her and explain why her middle name is Cathleen. Just as I started writing, a song came on the radio that was very special to my mother and I (Wind Beneath my Wings).

Any ways, I was once again emotionally touched by this song today. As I mentioned in the past, Sydney loves to listen to the 80's music channel on our TV and to dance with us. I had just put her in her Baby Bjorn and turned the station on and the song "Wind Beneath my Wings" came on. All of the hairs on my body went up and I instantly felt a connection to my mother. It was a very emotional moment for me to hear that song for the first time while holding my daughter. What made this moment even more wonderful was that Sydney kept turning her head up to look into my face. The cry baby I am, my poor Sydney's face got a little wet from my tears, but I don't think she minded. So many emotions I felt as we danced to this song. I felt an overwhelming sadness because I will never be able to share a physical bond between my mother, Sydney and myself. I also felt joy because I have a daughter whom I hope one day will feel as connected to me as I did to my mother. It's just amazing how much I experienced in one short song!

No comments: