Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Updates

I am so sorry to those of you whom I have not gotten back to. Life with Sydney is still unpredictable...which can be very trying for someone like me who is a planner!! Please know I am doing my best and will try to get to everyone soon!

Sydney is just soooo smart. Every time I take her to stroller strides, all of the moms are just amazed by how alert she is to her surroundings. She has learned to pull forward to lean herself up, which means she now has to be buckled in to everything. She is also talking up a storm now, especially to her mobile in her bedroom. She also is doing this thing were she sucks in her bottom lip and smiles...once again, very cute!

Yesterday we tried something new with her nap (thanks for the suggestion Jessica W.)! I have a pak-n-play downstairs with a changing table. For her afternoon nap, I placed her on her tummy with a blanket under her tilting her some for her nap. It worked!!! She slept for 2 hours and she was right down by me so I could constantly check her to make sure she was breathing well. I actually got to do a workout while she slept. Up until yesterday, the only way she would take this long of a nap was to sleep on her tummy on my chest. Hopefully this continues to work.

We will be making the big switch to P.J.'s (instead of the swaddling) and crib tonight. She is just way to long to be in her bassinet another night and she has totally outgrown her swaddler! We will let you know how that works out. I wonder if I will get any sleep tonight!

By the way, I forgot to let you all know. During her doctors appointment last week she weighed in at 13 pounds and 24 1/2 inches tall!! She is in the 97th percentile for both!!

No comments: