Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

2 Week Update

My life has changed so much these last two weeks! Every night brings us something new. The last two nights, Sydney only got up 2 times, it was wonderful! The night before, however, was very rough...poor Sydney had lots of gas and was very uncomfortable. She is a very dramatic little girl and will frequently scream out loudly in her sleep and then fall right back to sleep.


Today has been a great day. Sydney and I had our first little outing. We went to the grocery store...Yippee!! She slept the whole time! I think breastfeeding makes outings a little more difficult because I have to time everything around her feedings. I am not pumping yet because I really don't want to introduce the bottle yet. Of course that could change at anytime, but for now, I am holding off on bottle feeding until at least 1 month or more.


Sydney pooped on me for the first time today. It was very funny. Breast fed babies are known to have explosive poops. I thought she was done so I was going to change her quick before we left for the store. I took the diaper off and was getting a wipe when WEW... explosion!! All over the changing pad and all over my white pants!! All I could do was laugh!


I know Sydney is only 2 weeks old, but I feel like she has been in my life forever. I don't know how else to explain that. She just feels so right and when she is asleep in my arms I just feel like this is what my life was meant for...to be her mommy. I cannot imagine doing anything else.

We are working on coordinating a day when we can take Sydney in for her first glamore shots. So those of you waiting for her "arrival announcement"...be patient!!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I know what you mean! Seems like I can barely remember life without Nate and Alex. Life seems a lot better with them in my life!