Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Doctor Followup

I went to the doctor this morning. Very frustrating!! had to see a different doctor whom didn't have a clue as to what happened on Monday. Once I filled him in, his facial expressions and his words led me to believe he disagreed with the doctors decisions from Monday. He didn't feel my platelets were so low that I needed to be seen again today already. He said the swelling in my foot is completely normal and that my stats are all normal. He did an exam and said that my cervix is softened. He said I lost 3 pounds but that is probably due to my water weight fluctuating day to day. All in all he said this seems to be a normal pregnancy and to just keep track of my contractions and to come back in a week. I did increase my iron by an additional 18mg a day which has really helped with my fatigue! However, with additional iron comes additional GI problems...so back to the good old stool softeners!!

I love my female doctor but she is in high demand due to her good reputation here in the valley; therefore, for last minute appointments I usually need to see other doctors in her practice. I am sure these other doctors are very competent and good at what they do but I just don't like the inconsistency. Oh well, it's almost over!!

So, rest, water, and foot elevation are what the doctor ordered for the next week.

No comments: