Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 9, 2007

More Confusion!

Again, my doctor was booked up today so I had to see another doctor in her practice. You will all get a kick out of this one...So, when I was first told I was pregnant, my due date from the doctor was Aug. 4th. Later, during my first ultra sound, the due date on the ultra sound pictures was Aug. 12th, so, we assumed that was my changed due date. Wrong! Today when I went in, the nurse said, "You haven't had that baby yet? You are overdue." I questioned her because I thought I was 39 weeks. Well, according to my file, my due date has always remained Aug. 4th, which does mean that I am now considered past due.

To make a long story short, if I don't go into labor this weekend, I meet with MY doctor on Monday and she will schedule me to be induced. I was hooked up to a fetal heart rate monitor for 30 minutes today which did indicate that I am having contractions so it is possible that I could still go naturally this weekend.

I pretty much had a panic attack at the doctors office today. People who know me well know that last minute changes stress me out. I have a strong need to be prepared for things. When the doctor told me I was overdue and asked me if I wanted him to strip my membranes today, I freaked. I have been in emotional protection mode during this pregnancy, trying not to think about labor; therefore, not allowing myself to become overly anxious. Well when the doctor asked me this today, I wasn't expecting it and I was all of a sudden flooded with all of these emotions. Needless to say, we didn't strip my membranes because he couldn't reach them and we decided to hold off on the gel procedure until next week if needed. So now, the flood gates have been opened and I am feeling all of these emotions and I am now freaked out!! Thanks Doc!!

2 comments:

LauraC said...

You need to change your lilypie ticker to say OVERDUE.

ha ha. At least you will be having the baby soon.

Sarah said...

Now watch, I will go into the doctor Monday and she will change my due date to the 12th and I will have to change my lilypie ticker again!! Hopefully I will go this weekend!