Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 30, 2007

Unexpected Trip Today...

Today started out just fine. We did our morning thing and I felt energy so I decided to go do my walking in the mall where it was cool. I was there for about 45 minutes or so when I noticed that my foot was REALLY swollen. It swells up everyday but today, it freaked me out. Plus, I just felt light headed. So, I drove to my doctors office and asked if they would check my blood pressure which they did. The doctor who saw me didn't feel comfortable just sending me home because my blood pressure was normal but a little higher than what it usually is and my foot looked so rough. So, I had to go to the hospital next door to labor and delivery. They connected me to the monitors and after an hour said that my blood pressure was fine and that Sydney was fine (she rocked and rolled the whole time). The monitors did record some contractions but no patterns. The nurse said the discomfort I was feeling would subside once I drank more water. They then ran blood tests and the nurse reassured me I would be home in an hour. Well, the blood tests came back showing that I was anemic and that my platelets were low. She said the doctor almost didn't release me due to the blood work and the fact that I was having contractions; however, he did under the condition that I increase my iron immediately and that I rest and come back to see him Wed. This would explain why I have been so drained the last week or so. I take a prenatal with iron but it just isn't enough. When I was leaving, the nurse said she would not be surprised if I go into labor this week.

So, I am home and I have drank a ton of water and the contractions have actually increased in intensity over the last hour. Not sure what tonight has in mind for us...? I will keep you posted!

No comments: