Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Doctor Update

We had our doctors appointment yesterday afternoon. Again, I didn't get to see my doctor but I will get to see her from here on out. The doctor said that Sydney has some "good growth" which in layman's terms means she is going to be a big girl!! At this point, we have three different time lines. My blog timeline says I am 36 weeks 6 days. My doctors records indicate that I am 37 weeks 6 days. And my uterus is measuring 38 inches (weeks). So, your guess is as good as mine!

After the exam the doctor said that my cervix is about 70% softened but that Sydney is still way up there. So, she said I need to take daily walks to help Sydney drop. Keep in mind people that we are smack dead in the middle of summer here. When we go to bed it's still in the 100's and when we wake up it's in the 90's!! That's hot for someone who isn't even preggo! We took our first walk this morning, OUCH!

We discussed my water gain...it's getting to be "significant" as the doctor says. At this point there are no dangers to me or to Sydney because my blood pressure is normal. She said to drink more water...Sweet, that means I can pee even more than the 5 times a night I already do!! Lastly, we schedule one more ultra sound just to make sure the baby isn't breech.

I did think of a positive swing on the whole water weight gain issue I am having right now. Even though my face looks like a blow fish and my feet and hands look like Shrek's, it's only temporary. Water weight will be much easier to get rid of once Sydney is born verses fat!!

No comments: