Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Waiting Game

These last couple weeks have been the toughest, just like all the books have said it would be! I just feel so heavy and tired. Yesterday was a record for the size of my Shrek feet. It's actually kind of weird because my right foot always bloats up more than my left foot. I had to run some errands yesterday (DMV, Costco, grocery store, fun stuff ya know!!) and it caused my feet to really bloat. My last errand was the grocery store. I shop at the same store every week so many of the workers know me by face and are very kind. Anyways, I got done, or thought I was done shopping and realized I forgot something. My feet were so large and sore by this time that my flip flop was hardly staying on. I looked at the kid working and gave him a hopeless look and told him I forgot something and asked him to go get it for me. I was surprised as the words came out of my mouth. I would normally never ask someone to go get something for me but this is how desperate I was. The worker looked at me surprisingly as if, "Are you serious?" I then showed him my feet and he had this look of horror on his face and quickly ran off to get my product. On my way home I got to thinking, I really only have like 3 weeks to use the "pregnancy card" so I might as well use it now!! Why didn't I think of that weeks ago? Just kidding...anyone who knows me knows that I have a hard time asking for help...Miss Independent as Greg likes to call me!!

Since I am not working now, I have tried to set up my schedule so that I have at least one "project" to focus on each day, otherwise, I will go nuts! I cannot just sit here and relax all day because I get physically uncomfortable, which then effects my mood. Today, the vet. Tomorrow, new tires. Thursday, hair appointment. Friday, doctors appointment.

Lastly, Greg has been awesome with my foot rubs. He has been using the water reduction method of massage on my feet for the last few nights. This morning my right foot looked so much better than it did yesterday. So, today I will focus on eating my watermelon (a natural diuretic) and drinking my water to help keep the swelling down.

No comments: