Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Last Day of Work

The last few days were pretty rough! Sunday night I was up and down all night long. I was having braxton hicks contractions, acid reflex, and was nauseous! I could tell Greg felt helpless as did I. Monday, I stayed home and rested all day. I again had some strong braxton hicks throughout the day and last night. I have put on a ton of water weight, EVERYWHERE. I look like one of those blow fish in my face...I hope that goes away!! I find that sitting on my yoga ball helps relieve some of my discomfort. I now wake up with swollen feet and can no longer wear my wedding ring. Lastly, I am just amazed at how tired I am. I know these are all normal symptoms during the last month of pregnancy so I am dealing with it all as well as can be expected.

Today is a strange day for me. It is my last day of work. Greg will be taking over our Tempe store tomorrow. I am happy to get off of my feet and to not have to worry about the store anymore; however, this store has been my baby for the last three years. Having absolutely no business back ground, I am proud of myself for the way I was able to turn this store around and make it profitable.

I have had a job since I was 15 years old. I took a 2 month break from working after my mom died (thought it was best since I was a Professional Counselor and I was grieving) but other than that, I have literally worked my butt off making my own way in this world! It will be strange not going to a job. I am excited to be a stay home mom and I feel it will be my most important job ever; however, I do worry sometimes that I will get bored and not feel challenged enough. I have read over and over that this is a very normal concern for women in my shoes. Time will tell!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah. Yeaaaaaaah!!!! no more job. That's terrific. Sydney sounds like she's putting mommy in a lot of discomfort.......but you're right, it'll ALL be worth it. Call if you need anything, even if it's just some company. Or someone to answer the phone while you sleep,help you tie your shoes (ha ha). Hey if you like games we could pass some time away w/ Scrabble,Life,Boggle......have you seen the movie "Freedom Writers" yet. It's out on DVD and Michael doesn't want to see it.... it is kindda a chick's flick. It's so friggin hot, one hates to even leave the house. Oh well....sounds like you're just movin right along just the way you're supposed to. I hope you will feel better now that you will be @ home and resting, resting, resting. Everything is gonna be just fine. love and kisses for Sydney :-) aunt p.