Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 6, 2007

Doctors Visit

I had my doctors visit today. My doctor is on vacation so I had to see another doctor from her practice. He did a Strep test today and an examination. He said my cervix has softened and Sydney's head is down. He completed a physical examination of my stomach and pelvis and said Sydney is around 6.5 - 7 pounds right now!!!! I gave him a look of disbelief and he laughed and said she shouldn't get much bigger. If she does, I don't know where she is going to come out from!!! All of my pregnancy books say that a baby at 35 weeks should be about 5.5 pounds!Greg and I are not big people, what the heck?! He asked if I have had any contractions and I informed him of all of the Braxton Hicks I have been having over the last week. He said those are not Braxton Hicks but instead more likely to be real contractions!!!! What the heck...I thought I still had 5 weeks!!! Not necessarily he said!! He informed me to start recording my contractions and to call if my water breaks. WHAT...holy cow....this is really going to happen!!! I now go in weekly for exams until I go into labor.

So, it sounds like she will be coming early. What date do you think she will arrive??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think there are any Wade girls that are close to their parents birthdays. I predicted Susan's birthday right on based on Sharyn"s birthday. I told Sharyn that she would bring Susan home on her birthday of Oct 11. Susan was born on Oct 9 and came home on Sharyn's birthday Oct 11. I have the same feeling here!!! Sydney will be born on Aug 1 and come home on Aug 3. WOW what a great birthday present!!!
Pap

Anonymous said...

OMG......... I had already guessed July 27th but now I'm thinking it's gonna be even earlier!! How very excited you two must be. Yipee!!! Sydney wants to meet mommy and daddy in person!! She's been screamin to get outta there w/ all those kicks to mom!! I say eat all the chocolate sundaes you want till then. :-) thinkin of you all.......hmmmmm, I think my 2nd pick will be the 21st. luv,aunt p.