Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, July 2, 2007

Your Mom Assignment

Ooofta, today is my 10+ hour day of work and I am feeling it! I have been on my feet a lot today to work with customers. It's about 3:30PM and I am now starting to get more Braxton Hicks. So, I decided to sit for a few and post on my blog.

So, my pregnancy books say that this is the week I should start putting things together to pack for the hospital. I have read that I need to pack things like: PJ's and a robe, slippers, granny panties, nursing bra, bathroom stuff, baby outfit, etc. I will need to do a little shopping for some of this stuff...which doesn't really excite me since it's not "pretty girly stuff"!

I have an assignment for all of you moms...and I EXPECT to hear from ALL of you!!!!! In regards to what to pack for the hospital, what do you suggest? What do you wish you would have packed and didn't? What could you have absolutely not have lived without during your hospital stay? I need your help!!

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Did not pack:
* PJs and robe. Better to use the hospital robes because they will get dirty (breast milk and blood)
* Granny panties. They give you these at the hospital. Take as many as they will give you!!! In fact, take as much as you can from the hospital - diapers, blankets, overnight pads, etc.


Packed:
* Flip flops. I was SO swollen from the IVs that I couldn't get regular shoes on.
* Nursing bra. Absolute must-have. If your milk comes in, you will need something HUGE.
* Bathroom stuff. It is sooooo nice to take a shower with your own stuff.
* Baby coming home outfit. They'll take pics before you leave.
* CAMERA. COMPUTER. CELL PHONE. Charger/batteries for all of these.
* Magazines, books. There's a LOT of sitting around.

LauraC said...

Oops, forgot to add.
Pack the maternity clothes that fit you when you were about 6 months pregnant. That is about the size you will be when you leave the hospital. That's what you'll wear when you leave and you want it to be something nice.